Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Come Join This Happy Song- Day 3

Oh i had plenty of pleasant bus rides in my last travel a couple of weeks back. Now it feels like the stationary life at base is not so becoming. Oh dear me i am restless courtesy the voracious travel bug . Especially this month of February when winter seems to be fading and it's just so comfortable to travel and enjoy all. Just the perfect month for some journeys.
So my predicament matches exactly to that of The Happy Wanderer.

The way we had learnt it  in school was akin to this by Ms Diana Decker-


Okay for this particular song i'd love to copy the simulated body shaking laughter as i have always loved interactive songs. Remember the Birdy Song!!


The Happy Wanderer

Val de ree, Val de raa,  Val de raa, Val de ha ha ha ha
Come join this happy song

I love to go a wandering along the mountain track.
But as I go I love to sing,
My knapsack on my back.

Val de ree, Val de raa, Val de raa, Val de ha ha ha ha
Val de ree, Val de raa,  my knapsack on my back

I love to wander by the stream that dances in the sun.
That dances in the sun,
So joyously it calls to me,
come join my happy song.

Val de ree, Val de raa, Val de raa, Val de ha ha ha ha
Val de ree, Val de ra, come join my happy song.

I wave my hat to all I meet and they wave back to me.
And blackbirds call,
So loud and sweet,
From every greenwood tree.

Val de ree, Val de raa, Val de raa, Val de ha ha ha ha
Val de ree, Val de raa, from every greenwood tree

High overhead the skylark's wing they never rest at home.
But just like me,
They love to sing,
As oe'r the world we roam.

Val de ree Val de raa Val de raa Val de ha ha ha ha
Val de ree Val de raa as oe'r the world we roam

Oh i may go a wandering until the day i die.
Oh may i always,
Laugh and sing,
Beneath God's clear blue sky.

Val de ree, Val de raa, Val de raa, Val de ha ha ha ha
Val de ree, Val de raa,  beneath God's clear blue sky.

But the version i seem to enjoy more these days has some change in the way the chorus is sung-


For me The Happy Wanderer is just another infectious cheerful song and i had no clue whatsoever that it can be sung as a marching anthem too.


Thank you Samaritans. You who have taken pains to upload and put various versions of the unforgettable classics.
And THANK YOU youtube for helping them in their sincere effort which i deem to be no less than any social service.
It makes my day and i'm sure although they remain invisible i am in company and together we are having the time of our lives.



                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment